Dentistry is a constantly changing field with new technology that strives to make dental procedures less painful and to achieve ever-higher quality results. It is important to Dr. Gaudio and his team that you are given the best and most current options. We make sure to incorporate the latest advancements in dental technology in our office and offer it to you.
DIAGNOdent is the powerful new laser technology used for early detection and diagnosis of tooth decay:
- DIAGNOdent can identify decay that is virtually invisible to the naked eye or concealed in the crevices and cracks of teeth.
- This allows us to detect and rectify decay early on.
- It also reduces the need for elimination of the original tooth structure.
- The tooth can maintain its durability, and is less likely to split or break.
- It’s a less complicated and less costly treatment solution.
BiteFX™ is a state-of-the-art, 3D digital presentation program at Gaudio Cosmetic Dentistry that uses simple animations to present clear and understandable explanations of any bite issues that you may be suffering from. It also enables us to determine the best solutions to fix the issues.
- We can show you exactly why, and how, your teeth are causing inflammation and discomfort in your mouth.
- BiteFX makes complicated dental issues easy to understand, and easy to fix.
- Watch the below video to see how straightforward, efficient and effective the procedure can be, to fix any and all of your recurring issues with teeth-grinding, headaches and pain in your temples, helping you to enjoy life again within weeks.
The Intra-Oral Camera is a diagnostic dental tool that allows Dr. Gaudio to detect potential problems within the mouth, early on:
- The tiny camera takes pictures of your teeth, gums and the inside of your mouth.
- The images are displayed on a computer screen so that you can clearly view the affected areas, and understand why treatment may be necessary.
- The accompanying software provides clear and accurate data so that Dr. Gaudio can select the optimum treatment option for each individual patient.
Creating a diagnostic model of your restored smile gives us the criteria and record of the desired look, and it means that we can begin the process with a clear idea of the goal.
- The model demonstrates your new smile in its natural colour and translucency.
- We can see from the model how your bite problems will be improved with your new smile.
- The model confirms the quality of the esthetic changes but also assures you of the improved function of your restored bite, for chewing and talking.
- You are empowered to review, suggest changes and finally approve your own personal ‘Smile Plan’ before the procedure takes place.
We use state-of-the-art digital x-rays for optimum image creation and minimal patient risk:
- Digital x-rays expose our patients and staff to 90% less radiation than typical x-rays.
- They are more sensitive than traditional x-rays.
- They allow us to see clearly the entire tooth and root structure, as well as surrounding bone and tissue.
- They provide us with the opportunity to detect and diagnose issues before they are visible to the naked eye, reducing the chances of damage and pain.
How do they work?
- A small sensor, connected to a computer by a line wire, is placed in the mouth.
- A beam is sent through your teeth to the sensor that records the images.
- The doctor and staff can immediately pull up the x-rays on a computer screen to view the results- there is no waiting required.
- We can share the images with you so that you have a clear understanding of your oral condition.
Soft Tissue Laser
Using a soft tissue laser, we can effectively deal with gum disease with delicate, precise treatment that doesn’t damage any healthy tissue.
- No incisions or stitches are required, so the procedure can be performed painlessly, with minimal swelling or bleeding.
- The laser drastically reduces infections as it disinfects the area being treated while removing tissue.
- Healing time is greatly reduced when compared with treatments that require a scalpel.
Do you dread your visit to the dentist, particularly because of the thought of the drilling, heat, noise and vibration that comes with it?
At Gaudio Cosmetic Dentistry, we use the more soothing air abrasion method, which combines air with an abrasive powder, similar to a small sand-blaster. We are able to prepare the tooth with minimal disturbance to the healthy tooth structure, and offer a more pleasant experience for our patients!
Single Tooth Anesthesia
Using the precise method of Single Tooth Anesthesia (STA), we are able to release a very specific amount of anesthesia during your dental procedure:
- This system ensures no pain from the injections, or the work carried out by Dr. Gaudio.
- Only the area being worked on is numbed.
- The STA needles are much smaller than regular dental needles, and do not cause the typical numbness and drooling than can occur after a dental procedure.
- The doses of anesthesia are released below your pain threshold, in a slow-release system that guarantees zero pain without using a large and daunting dental syringe.
Instead of removing tartar by scraping it from above and below the gums with a hand instrument, Dr. Gaudio’s team of expert hygienists use the Cavitron Ultrasonic Cleaner:
- This cleaner can gently and easiy remove tartar with high frequency sound.
- It is a harmless, effective and painless substitute for typical cleaning methods.
- The high-frequency vibrations will hardly be noticed as you lie back and enjoy this more pleasant, deep-cleaning experience.
Extended periods of wear and decay to your teeth can result in significant bite and function problems. Articulator technology enables us to determine the best restorative treatment for you:
- We use ‘jaw simulators’ with three-dimensional models of both your current and projected, restored smile.
- The articulator shows us (and you) how exactly the recommended restorative treatments can enhance and improve your function and bite.
- We develop a comprehensive blueprint for your new smile so that you can see the projected results before the procedure takes place, and be assured of long-lasting results.
Bi-Polar Electro-surgery is a new, innovative procedure which utilizes a radio surgery unit, and is fast becoming the preferred method of gum contouring:
- This exciting new technology is popular with cardiologists and neurosurgeons, and has only very recently been used within the field of dentistry.
- The cutting is carried out with a very low current, to ensure that there is no bleeding, virtually no discomfort and no protective dressing required.
- The procedure takes very little time to complete: our dentists can contour the gum line in approximately one hour.
Dr. Gaudio is proud to present the iTero Scanner, a convenient and precise method of obtaining a clear map of the mouth that enables dental specialists to treat you more effectively:
- The scanner is convenient, comfortable, safe and reliable, as well as being extremely precise.
- We can use the maps to create crowns, bridges and surface in-lays.
- The scans replace the need for large metal trays and uncomfortable, inconvenient liquid plaster.
- It is compatible with Invisalign, allowing patients to see the potential outcome of dental treatments.
- The scans can be performed by a single operator and shortens seating appointments by 22%, as well as virtually eliminating return appointments.
- The real-time, high-impact visualizations collected with the scans help us to provide our patients with a comprehensive guide to a healthier future.
Fotona LightWalker® Dental Laser
The LightWalker utilizes state-of-the-art laser technology that allows Dr. Gaudio unprecedented precision while performing treatments on hard and soft tissues. This extremely high speed laser not only allows the doctor to complete treatments faster but also virtually painless. Another important factor about the Fotona LightWalker® Laser is its ability to disinfect while treating for faster healing.
When treating soft tissue dental issue the LightWalker® allows Dr. Gaudio to provide delicate, precise treatment without damaging healthy tissue. Treatments completed with the soft tissue laser are generally painless and do not require the use of incisions or stitches. As the laser is removing diseased tissue it also disinfects the area which greatly reduces the chance of infection. Best of all healing time is greatly reduced as compared to treatments done with a scalpel. With the soft tissue laser we are able to painlessly treat gum disease and cold sore. The laser is also excellent for gum reshaping and contouring to improve the look of your smile.
As a hard tissue laser the LightWalker allows Dr. Gaudio to remove decay from a tooth and prep the tooth for a restoration without the use of a drill. The hard tissue laser quietly and painlessly removes only the diseased tooth structure the doctor wishes to remove while preserving healthy tooth structure. Hard tissue laser treatment can also be used to desensitize patients who are experiencing cold sensitivity.
Dr Gaudio uses state-of-the-art IOS Technologies CAD and CAM systems (computer-aided design and computer-aided manufacturing) to design and restore your crowns and veneers during your appointment. The process is efficient and effective, and often requires only one appointment:
- Using a specialized, precision camera, digital impressions are taken of your mouth.
- The IOS Technologies CAD/CAM uses the digital image to custom-design your restoration, matching the colour to your original teeth.
- The equipment creates your restoration while you wait.
- Gaudio fits the restored piece to your tooth, and the process is complete!
We use only the very best-quality materials, guaranteeing stunning, natural, sturdy and long-lasting restorations.
Sleep apnea is a frustrating condition that affects many people’s ability to function normally each day. Fortunately, there are many treatment options available for sleep apnea, and those who utilize professional treatment from a dentist often see many useful benefits, such as the ability to function better each day.All too many who have sleep apnea…
Everyone wants strong and healthy teeth, but not everybody wants to book dental appointments regularly. Studies have shown that aside from excellent oral hygiene, regular visits to the dentist for dental cleanings are vital for healthy and beautiful teeth. In this article, we will focus on five reasons to go for regular dental visits. Mouth…
Wondering how to repair a broken tooth? Anytime someone experiences damage to one or more of their teeth, professional dental treatment is often necessary. Saving a broken tooth is possible and is preferred over losing it.Understanding how someone can experience a broken tooth is necessary, as this information will help prevent it from reoccurring. Additionally,…
General dentists are the best resources to utilize when looking to maintain good oral health. They are responsible for providing routine oral care to patients of varying ages. Additionally, they can perform general dentistry procedures, ranging from teeth whitening to dental filling placement. Because general dentists have such a big role in oral health, it…
Those who have a missing tooth have likely heard a lot about the effects of missing teeth and replacement options. Replacing a missing tooth is more than just improving the smile’s appearance. To fully get the importance of tooth replacement, it is crucial to understand the effects of leaving the tooth unreplaced. This article covers…